Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Home Kids and Jesus

Luke 19:10 For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost. 


So tonight was the last official meeting that a number of our students were able to come to. Due to some stuff I'm not going to get into the students from the children's home are no longer allowed to come to our church. This doesn't just break my heart, it has shattered it. I just want to ball my eyes out. The girls from the home are upset as well. And they are not quiet about how upset they are.

When I first was told about it almost a week ago, I was angry. All I could think was "These girls are actually forming relationships. They are beginning to get excited about the Gospel. God why is this happening?"

They were able to come to Sunday service which was great. Then they were able to come tonight. It was bitter sweet. It was great to be able to minister to them. Tonight we talked about praying for our enemies. Then we actually prayed for them. I started by praying for the person I loathed (nicest way to put it). Great thing is even while I was praying for him God started to soften my heart towards him and that came out in the prayer and by the end of it I was almost in tears and so were they. Which opened it up for them to be honest about their feeling towards the people that they were angry with. We prayed out loud in front of everyone. Not everyone participated but it was awkwardly awesome.

Then came the hardest part, the dismissal. Saying goodbye was terrible for a moment. Then great because I said," Just because you cant come here, doesn't mean I cant go there. I will come and visit you at the home." A few faces lit up at that. Then one girl asked," Could you come and do youth group type stuff at the house?"

I know why this happened now. To show them that they ARE worth pursuing. To help them understand that the living infinite God of the universe loves them and is pursuing them.

So now we are filling out paperwork and going to pay for background checks and what not in order to be approved to take them on outings and such.

Pray for us that we may boldly and clearly display as well as proclaim the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Pray for the girls that their hearts would be softened to Christ, that His love fills their hearts, that He resurrects their broken lives. Pray that the enemy's attacks be halted. In the name of Jesus Christ, the one who was, is, and is to come Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment